Monday, December 31, 2012

12-31-2012

Sorry I am behind on blogging. Well the day we went to get the girls new hair cuts Jasmine got an adorable hair cut to her shoulders but unfortunately Lizzys hair had a huge knot that couldn't come out because they said that is what can happen when she starts to lose it that it can knot and hers was unable to come out. We decided to just try and fix everything at home because honestly that was one hard day for us as a family because watching our precious Lizzy looking at herself in the mirror to get her hair cut broke our hearts she just stared at herself with a sad face because of how different she is looking and I went and just starting talking to her and put myself in front of the mirror so she didn't just stare at herself because i know it was making her sad and that helped, but i said Liz do you want me to turn you the other way so we can get down and she says yes mom.. But mom I dont like these pieces of my hair which was her missing hair and she said can we go get me a wig now and i said yes of course we can so we all packed up and found her a couple adorable wigs she loved....

Above is a picture of her very favorite one...  Love my girls!

That night I sat down with Lizzy with a comb that has those pick ends and I picked her hair to get those knots out because I was going to make those knots come out no matter what and she says mommy can you give me a hair cut so I got most out but had to cut her pony off but was able to have some hair left so we didn't have to shave it yet, to be honest i am not emotionally ready for that, breaks our heart when she says i dont want to lose my hair, or will it come back...

This journey is very sad and hard to watch our precious girl go through but we are taking the days the best we can, she is a very strong girl and i know she will get through this.

just 3 more days of those darn steriods....... and that swelling will start to go away.......



2 comments:

  1. I admire Lizzy so much! She is such a brave young lady!!! Please give her a hug for me!!!

    ReplyDelete